The Children's Literature Web Guide at the University of Calgary features, discussion boards, quick references for a varietyof book awards, many categories of links for teachers, parents...
|Top Stories for children's literature as collected by Alltop
Alltop collects current headlines of stories, sites, and blogs and groups them into an individual web page with the five most recent headlines of the sources along wiht the first paragraph. Check it from time to time as it changes...
| Children's Literature Association (ChLA) - a non-profit association of scholars, critics, professors, students, librarians, teachers and institutions dedicated to the academic study of literature for children. They define children's literature as all media created for or adopted by children and young adults. Very good collection of scholarly resources.
|The International Visual Literacy
Association (IVLA ) a forum to exchange visual literacy information as they relate to education, instruction and of visual communication and the concept of visual literacy.
|Creativity Cafe for artists using technology for Humanity: Resources, links, community, KidCast Central
| Reader’s Theater Scripts and Plays - for children and young adults
|Literacy Connections - Promotes literacy skills and a love of reading - collection of Reader's Theater plus much more.
|The Children's Book Council (CBC) is a collaborative of children's publishers that work together on issues of importance to the industry, educational programming, literacy advocacy, and collaborations with national organizations. A place to meet
authors, illustrators, new book releases, poetry, showcases...
| The American Library Association news,
announcements, events, lists, awards, reviews, ALA library, and other resources.
- Alex Awards - adult books that appeal to adolescents 12-18. Managed by the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)
- Batchelder Award - given to outstanding children’s book originally published in a language other than English in a country other than the United States, translated into English, and published in the United States.
- Pura Belpré, medal & honor awards - given to a Latino/Latina writer and illustrator whose literature is for children and youth and best portrays, affirms, and celebrates the Latino cultural experience.
- Caldecott, medal & honor awards - given to the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children.
- Carnegie Medal - given to the most outstanding video productions for children.
- Children's Notable Media Awards - Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) identifies the best children's books, recordings, and videos.
- Coretta Scott King, medal & honor awards - given to outstanding African American authors and illustrators of books for children and young adults that demonstrate an appreciation of African American culture and universal human values.
- Dartmouth, medal & honor awards - given to reference works of outstanding quality and significance.
- Geisel Award - given to the author(s) and illustrator(s) of the most distinguished American book for beginning readers published in English in the United States.
- Newbery, medal & honor awards - given to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.
- Odyssey Award - given to the producer of the best audiobook produced for children and/or young adults, available in English in the United States.
- Morris, medal and honor awards - given to honor a debut book published by a first-time author writing for teens.
- National Book Award - Children and young people's literature
- Printz, medal & honor awards - given to books that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature.
- Sibert, medal & honor awards - Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal is awarded annually to the author(s) and illustrator(s) of the most distinguished informational book published in the United States in English during the preceding year.
- Stonewall, metal & honor awards - Stonewall Book Award-Mike Morgan and Larry Romans Children’s and Young Adult Literature Award are presented to English language works.
- YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction - given to the best nonfiction book for young adults (12-18).
- Wilder Award - given to an author or illustrator whose books, published in the United States, have made, over a period of years, a substantial and lasting contribution to literature for children.
| Free Book Notes Excellent data base with a compiled list of study guides and summaries from more than 20 content providers.
|Nebraska's Golden Sower Award and Nebraska's Chldren's Choice Literary Award
|What Kids Can Do, Inc. (WKCD) is a national not-for-profit organization founded in 2001 for the purpose of making public the voices and views of adolescents. WKCD documents young people's lives, learning, and work, and their partnerships with adults both in and out of school. It also collaborates with students around the country on books, curricula, and research to expand current views of what constitutes challenging learning and achievement. Most recently, WKCD has started, Next Generation Press. The voices of youth resound throughout all Next Generation Press titles, making public their views on adolescents' lives, learning, and work, with a particular focus on youth without privilege.
|Children Story.com audio stories: fairy tales, nursery rhymes, interactive
stories, holidays, and submit your own
School Library Journal For media specialists and school librarians
|National Council of Teachers of English NCTE journals include - Language Arts for elementary teachers and - Voice from the Middle for middle school teachers. Also sponsers the - Anti-Censorship Center
|International Reading Association A nonprofit organization established in 1956. It connects individuals and institutions to strive for worldwide literacy. 70,000 plus members, work to provide a range of activities and resources. The Reading Teacher - is one resource most familiar and used by elementary teachers.
|Ken Baker web site author
of Brave Little Monster. Site includes teacher stuff and other stuff.
|Jim Trelease site
with lecture schedule, links, books, author trivia quiz, book lists...
|On-Lion for Kids New
York City Public Library art, games, people and places, holidays,
reading books, science, technology, search, New York, sports, for
parents and teachers
| Powells Book Store Review a day, best seller lists and more.
|Audible Listen to your books. Specially priced yearly membership
|Annotated lists of books by topics, reader's age, published date, and
genre. Also FAQ's of Esme´