Fable - description of story elements and quality characteristics
Characters, plot, setting, theme, events, real life all ages problems based on real life events, setting is every time.
- Characters are very few animated, inanimate or personified.
- Place is anywhere and everywhere.
- May be imaginary.
- Time is anytime or no time, but real times.
- Very simple, though interesting.
- Thought provoking to didactic.
- Moral or message implied or stated for societal or personal benefit.
- Casual every day.
- Sometimes like a parent passing on wisdom to a daughter or son or wise person to a child.
- Events are accurate, but don't necessarily real life.
- Dialog, artifacts, feelings, are from the real world and described accurately.
- Reflection of human strengths, frailities, weaknesses, or imperfections.
- Reader is lead to new insights and/or understandings.
Point of View
- Often third person narrative. Could be first.