Discrepant Activity for - Living concept assessment
Have drawing materials and paper for the students to - Draw a cell with all its details and explain it.
Ask the students to draw three pictures of living things.
Questions to ask about the pictures.
- How do you know they are alive?
- How are they all alike?
- How are they different?
- What do they need to stay alive?
- What other things are living that you could have drawn?
- What is something that is not living?
- How is it different and the same?
- What are the least similar properties or characteristics and object can have to be alive?
Dr. Robert Sweetland's Notes ©