Bingo Addition game
- Two sets of cards with each set having 10 cards each card with one number from 0 - 9.
- Two blank Bingo cards for each student.
- Math notebook.
- Show students a set of cards numbered 0 - 9.
- Tell them. There are two sets of cards that will be used to select two cards at a time.
- Both cards will be shown simultaneously.
- They will add the digits and if they have the sum on their Bingo card, they can cover it.
- Then they should write the two numbers in their notebooks as they will be asked what numbers they added to cover their numbers when they call BINGO.
Students make their Bingo card by writing one number in each square on their Bingo card.
Play a Bingo addition game or two.
- Ask. What numbers were called most often?
- What numbers are most likely to be called, least likely to be called, and those in between?
- Ask students if they would like to make a new card.
- Allow those who want to make another card do so.
- Play the game a few more times.
- Review the results.
- Have students write in their notebook what they know about Bingo addition cards.
Hint: what are the possible sums?