Biography - Characteristics or Elements
- Describe and discuss the life of a real person
- Information is based on fact
- Incidents, dialogue, and people are accurate and from a reliable source using first person accounts when available
- The person's life story is told with respect to other people and events of the time in which they lived
- Develops an understanding of the places, times, events, and other people when the person lived
- Tells the story in a style and tone that the reader/listener can relate to the person and believe in their humanness
- Develops a person as a real and interesting person not a persona or stereotypical member of a particular group.