Body System Activity Rubric with outcomes & scoring guide
Advocacy related outcomes ( 5 points)
- Presented and advocated positive health choices
- Presented and promoted information that was health-enhancing
- Interacted with awareness of the audience
- Encouraged others to make healthy choices
- Has passion or conviction for the information presented
Goal Setting related outcomes ( 5 points)
- Focused on the presentation as the goal
- Created a work path that was realistic and attainable
- Selected an effective strategy and plan to implement and achieve the goal
- Monitored, evaluated, and reflected on the plan and its implementation and made adjustments as necessary
Communication related outcomes ( 50 points)
Presentation completed _______ Data sheet completed _______ Review completed _______
- Clear - presentation of ideas was easy to understand
- Precise - information was appropriate for the presentation
- Reliable - consistently good quality and able to be trusted
- Logical - ideas fit together without discrepancies and support the conclusions
- Relevant - idea or ideas that fit the purpose
- Consistent - idea or ideas are supported by observation, current research, or wisdom of practice. Novel ideas are developed with plausible explanations.
- Comprehensive - contains necessary and sufficient information and supporting information to communicate the idea or group of ideas and all their complexity and connectedness through multiple perspectives.
- Unbiased - fair nonprejudicial presentation of information Has a clear and organized message
- Interactions among groups members assisted in achieving their goals for presentation.
- Used appropriate listening skills
- Distinguished between supported factual information and beliefs or emotional feelings by stating "I think" or "I feel" or using I statements or I messages
- Used a respectful tone
- Used appropriate body language
- Supported their messages with research, logical reasoning, and meaningful explanations
Decision Making related outcomes (10 points)
Decisions for planning and presenting their presentation
- Focused on the presentation.
- Clearly understood the situation.
- Gathered relevant reliable information. Recognized the influence of values on possible decisions.
- Analyzed gathered information.
- Identified alternative ideas or actions based on the collected information.
- Generated possible options.
- Generated consequences for different options.
- Evaluated and decided on a successful process.
- Implemented their decisions.
- Evaluated their implementation.
- Avoided confusion or intimidation and assists others to understand and move the decision making process toward a healthy conclusion that benefited the welfare of others and the Earth.
Analyzing Influences related outcomes ( 5 points)
- Identified and analyzed external and internal conditions and how they vary.
- Identified biases and influences that affected decision making.
- Interpreted how conditions and influences impact relationships and used this information to better make decisions, set and achieve goals, communicate, and advocate.
Accessing Information related outcomes ( 5 points)
Took steps to get valid health information and appropriate health services.
- Cites sources.
- Evaluated the validity of sources.
- Mentioned appropriate resources for the healthy system.
- Included specific types of help available for different needs.
Refusal Skills related outcomes ( 5 points)
- Included of the word "no" in a refusal response.
- Provides an explanation of why in the refusal response.
- Offered appropriate alternatives in place of the proposed activity that is being rejected.
- Used body language that supported the communication of refusal.
- Includes a description of "moving on" from the situation.
Self-Management Skills related outcomes ( 5 points)
- Included healthy behaviors and habits for a person to achieve healthy behaviors.
- Identified protective behaviors (diet, exercise, first aid, seat belt usage, cell phone use, texting and driving, alcohol, risk management) to achieve a healthy system.
- Describe procedures for protective behaviors for their system (eat healthy, exercise, safe environments, ...)
Conflict Resolution related outcomes ( 5 points)
- Described a problem when they occurred
- Considered how each person felt. Used "I think" or "I feel" or I statements or I messages
- Explained reasons for each different positions
- Considered other perspective
- Invented options for the group's benefit
- Agreed on a solution that benefited the group
Stress Management related outcomes ( 5 points)
- Identified situations that caused stress
- Demonstrated techniques to manage and reduce stress (talking about it, relaxation strategies, ...)
The rubric is was created based on the Healthy Practices Skills and Outcomes for a middle level health course, which were heavily influenced by the national health standards.