Problem Solving Mediation
- Declare a time-out
- Understand, define, and clarify both sides of the problem
- Mediate have each other write a solution they believe they desire and what the other person desires. Ask what is important for each? Is there a possible solution that would satisfy both? Be prepared to set limits and enforce the code of conduct of the school or class.
- Devise a plan that both will agree to.
- Agree both verbally and in writing. Both sides sign it.
- Agree on consequences if the agreement is broken.