Metacognition ideas for reflection and self assessment
Suggestions or thinking starters
- What I learned or completed successfully __
What can I redo, think about more, or try differently __
- What I first thought was __
- I was puzzled by __
- What convinced me additional ideas or a new or different way of understanding or procedure was or is necessary __
- I was surprised by __
- It became clear with __
What is needed to make it become clear __
- The most difficult aspect was __
- I wish __
- My feelings were __
- My feelings now are __
- I would like to investigate more about __
- This will help in the future by __
Scoring guide or rubric
My reflection can be summarized or rated as:
- * Not done, skipped, didn't start
- ** Answered with phrases or short sentences. Information is vague so the reader is left wondering what was gained from the learning experience.
- *** Answered with sentences that told a story about what was learned from the experience with information about the process used to learn it.
- **** Told the story of what was learned that includes a self-analysis of the thining process of the experience and projects future actions.