Numbers Theory - summary sheet
The information for number theory is critical for students to do well in algebra and higher levels of mathematics. However, the sad thing is most teachers are unfamiliar with these ideas or skip them when they occur in their math text or program, as their view of mathematics is limited to basic facts and operations as calculations of numbers.
This could also explain why there are few videos available of students working on these ideas. Therefore, instead of student VIDEOS I have links to examples for some mathematical ideas related to numbers theory.
Take some time and review these examples and see if you can create some mathematical wonderment in your life or explain how they are or could be used for student.
- Even ODD in class student explanation video | Concrete, Iconic, Formal proofs |
- Using primes to find common factors, multiples, LCM and GCF ALL together
- Multiples - Is the second multiple always ... Sample of using student's questions to discover primes and the fundamental theory or arithmetic
- | Factors of first 50 & 100 notes | Factors to 100 chart |
- The Fundamental Theory of Arithmetic
- What information about number theory is important for students to know?
- How would you create an assessment sequence for your year plan for number theory?
- If you have questions, post them in Questions for the professor.
OPTIONAL IDEAS TO REVIEW